The QUICK-SET is a simple and efficient 2-part Locking Dowel, including a threaded stud and a plastic sleeve. The QUICK-SET is self-tightening, non-visible, and can be inserted immediately into standard boreholes without waiting for glue to dry. With 4 sizes available you will be sure to find the perfect size you need for your application.
QUICK-SET – 2 Part Locking Dowel
$31.62 – $175.00
- QUICK-SET 5 mm, the holes for the metal studs are drilled with a Ø of 5 mm and a Ø of 8 mm for the plastic sleeve. QUICK-SET 8 mm requires a Ø of 8 mm for the metal stud as well as the plastic sleeve.
- The drilling depth for the plastic sleeve must be 31 to 32 mm
- The plastic dowel is loosely inserted into the borehole without adhesive.
- After preparation with both components, the body or furniture parts are joined together with slight pressure or using a rubber mallet
- Thread length of the bolt is 7.5 mm. This makes the connector suitable for vertical center elements (from 14 mm material thickness) in the carcass construction through a Ø 5 mm hole and screw in the bolt on both sides. For example, shelves can be mounted in one plane.
- For a length of 600 mm, we recommend distributing 5 to 6 QUICK-SET.
- The hole diameter for the plastic sleeve is always 8 mm.
- The drilling depth for the plastic sleeve must be 31 to 32 mm. As a result, an optimal tightening of the bolt is ensured to the bottom of the anchor when joining. It can end so no “hairline”.
Note for CNC machining
- Due to its geometry, the QUICK-SET is perfectly suited for mass production. Due to the possibility of rational prefabrication by means of a CNC machining center, the connector offers economical processing capability for the area of trim and passport molding production.