The tried and tested CHAMP biscuit is a #20 self-tightening, non-visible plastic slide-in connector and universally used for all types of materials for furniture, case goods, and architectural millwork. The two halves of the plastic connector are simply glued into the slot. Through the holes on the bottom part of the connector, the KNAPP Adhesive PU+ (Z011/1) can bond firmly to the material. After the curing, simply slide the parts together and tighten up the joint.
CHAMP – Biscuit Connector
$44.69 – $162.50
- Make a #20 biscuit slot
- Add approx. 1/2″ bead of KNAPP®-Adhesive PU+ (Z011/1) in the middle and deepest point of the slot.
- Press the connector halves into the groove so that they mirror each other, using the fitting jig.
- Make sure that the connectors at the outer ends are flush with the surface of the component.
- After the glue is hardened enough, the parts can be joined together. To assemble the parts, first, insert and then slide them into each other.
- If desired, for final assembly, glue the joint before connecting the components.
- Note: do not use too much adhesive
- Used for RTA furniture.
- The fitting jig ensures an optimum installation depth of the connector in the groove, regardless of how porous the panel material is.