FAST – Biscuit Connector
The FAST biscuit is a #20 self-tightening, non-visible plastic snap-in connector and can be used in all wood materials. The two connector pieces are simply knocked into the biscuit cut with a hammer. The patented cutting edges hold the connector in the slot with no glue required. Simply snap-in the male into the female part to carry out the assembly. If needed, it can be reinforced by adding drops of KNAPP®-Adhesive PU+ (Z011/1) when installing the connector pieces. Make sure that you insert the connector parts mirrored into the components. This connection is immediately load-bearing, putting NO halt on the manufacturing process. The FAST connector is suitable for all types of snap-in connections, especially where design or space conditions do not allow the usual sliding connection, or for very simple self-assembly by the end-user. Add KNAPP®-Adhesive PU+ (Z011/1) to the joint before the final assembly for a permanent joint.
Features and Benefits:
- Fast assembly
- Components simply snap-in and join together in a second.
- Reduces labor and equipment cost
- Non-visible connector
- Appeals to the architect and customer
- no need to clamp the workpiece during assembly
- snaps straight in and is used where design or space conditions do not allow the usual sliding connection
- Gluing aid
- Very popular to use as a gluing aid
- Works great for RTA furniture.
- Used with all wood and board materials
- Recommended glue for a permanent joint → KNAPP®-Adhesive PU+ (Z011/1) or to install with the connector for reinforcement
- Case Goods
- Architectural Millwork
- Gluing aid
- Moldings and trim
- Face frames
- False fronts
Knock-in following the radius of the cutting edges, permanent gluing optional using KNAPP-Adhesive PU+
Concealed, self-tightening, demountable connector
Cutting a slot with a biscuit joiner (#20 slot) and adjust the depth of the slot to 12.5 mm by using the micro-adjustment screw. Insert each of the different connector halves into the pre-cut slots.
All softwoods and board materials without laminated surfaces
Furniture, architectural millwork, face frames, shopfitting, blinds, coverings, removable panels