The SILVER biscuit is a #20 self-tightening, non-visible, aluminum die-cast, slide-in connector with integrated locking tabs and can be used in all wood materials, especially for solid wood (hardwood). The two identical connector halves are simply knocked into the biscuit slot with a hammer. The patented cutting edges hold the connector in the groove with no glue required. Simply insert and then slide connector halves into each other to carry out the assembly.
SILVER – Biscuit Connector
$96.61 – $351.31
SILVER – Biscuit Connector
The SILVER biscuit is a #20 self-tightening, non-visible, aluminum die-cast, slide-in connector with integrated locking tabs and can be used in all wood materials, especially for solid wood (hardwood). The two identical connector halves are simply knocked into the biscuit slot with a hammer. The patented cutting edges hold the connector in the groove with no glue required. Simply insert and then slide connector halves into each other to carry out the assembly. If needed, it can be reinforced by adding drops of KNAPP®-Adhesive PU+ (Z011/1) when installing the connector halves. The SILVER biscuit connector is a very strong and immediately load-bearing, putting no halt on the manufacturing process. If used for RTA cabinets or furniture, the workpiece can be installed very fast on-site, thus allowing the parts to be transported flat-packed. Optionally, the connector can be latched via locking tabs in one or both directions. I.e. after screwing on the back wall, a cabinet is as stable as if it had been glued. Nevertheless, complete disassembly is possible (after removing the back wall).
Features and Benefits:
- Fast assembly
- Components simply slide and join together in seconds.
- Reduces labor and equipment cost
- Non-visible connector
- Appeals to the architect and customer
- no need to clamp the workpiece during assembly
- prevents forming of gaps in the joint over time
- Very strong connector and especially popular to use for furniture and cabinets made of hardwood.
- Works great for RTA furniture
- Especially useful for miter joints
- Joint can be latched via the locking tabs on the connector
- Used with all wood and board materials
- Recommended glue for a permanent joint → KNAPP®-Adhesive PU+ (Z011/1) or to install with the connector for reinforcement
- Case Goods
- Architectural Millwork
- Gluing aid
- Joining baseboards and trim
Knock-in following the radius of the cutting edges
Concealed, self-tightening, demountable connector with optional integrated lock
Cutting a slot with a biscuit joiner (#20 slot) and adjust the depth of the slot to 12.5 mm by using the micro-adjustment screw. Insert the connector diagonally into the pre-cut slot without the use of any glue.
All softwoods and board materials not likely to split
Furniture, architectural millwork, shopfitting, clamping device for miter joints and corners
- Make biscuit slot with biscuit joiner or CNC
- If the connector needs to lock in place; use a hammer and the tip of another connector halve to bend in the locking tab(s) (see picture below and Instruction Manual for details).
- Place the connector tip at one end of the slot at an angle approximately equal to the radius of the cut.
- Press in the direction of the groove and make sure that the connector halves are inserted mirrored to each other.
- Use a hammer to knock in the SILVER and slide along the radius of the slot. Thus, the cutting edges intersect with the component.
- Make sure that the connectors at the outer ends are flush with the surface of the component.
- To assemble the parts, first, insert and then slide the components into each other.
- Optionally, the SILVER can be inserted with a few drops of KNAPP®-Adhesive PU+ (Z011/1) for additional strength.
- For final assembly, glue the joint before connecting the components. Depending on the material, pressing pressure is about 80 kg per connector.