The QUICK-SET is a simple and efficient 2-part Locking Dowel, including a threaded stud and a plastic sleeve. The QUICK-SET is self-tightening, non-visible, and can be inserted immediately into standard boreholes without waiting for glue to dry. With 4 sizes available you will be sure to find the perfect size you need for your application.
QUICK-SET – 2 Part Locking Dowel
$31.62 – $175.00
QUICK-SET – 2 Part Locking Dowel
The QUICK-SET is a simple and efficient 2-part Locking Dowel connector including a threaded stud and a plastic sleeve. The QUICK-SET comes in ∅ 5 mm x 7.5 mm, ∅ 5 mm x 11 mm, ∅ 8 mm x 8 mm, and ∅ 8 mm x 26 mm. The plastic sleeve remains ∅ 8 mm for all versions and can be processed on flat surfaces with a material thickness of 5/8 (16 mm) or more. With 4 sizes available you will be sure to find the perfect diameter and length you need for your application.
Like the KNAPP-Dowel, the QUICK-SET is self-tightening, non-visible, and can be inserted immediately into standard boreholes without waiting for glue to dry. Cabinets and case goods can be put together on-site quickly and easily, thus high transport costs are omitted. The processing of the two-piece connector is the same as with a conventional dowel – but in a much shorter time. In addition to its main area of application as a modern case goods connector, the QUICK-SET can also be used for drawers. Used as a gluing aid in staircase construction, the QUICK-SET can considerably facilitate the installation of massive wooden steps on wooden substructures.
Features and Benefits:
- Fast assembly
- Components are simply snapped together in seconds
- Reduces labor and equipment cost i.e. no puttying of nail holes, breaking of trim through nailing
- Saves production and assembly time
- No Gluing – Due to the gear wheel embossing on the outside of the plastic dowel and anchoring to the dowel bottom (bolt), the QUICK-SET does not require any adhesive during application.
- Non-visible connector
- Appeals to the architect and customer
- No clamping necessary
- Pulls itself tighter once
- The connection is permanent and cannot be disassembled
- Safe and Strong – High pull-out values: 132 lbs for 3/4 in (19 mm) chipboard, 161 lbs for MDF, 161 lbs for 5/8 in (17 mm) spruce and 187 lbs for 5/8 in (17 mm) veneer coated beech
- Works specifically well for components with small dimensions where nails would need to be used
- Case good elements can be transported in individual parts, where final assembly is carried out on site
- Ideal for CNC machining centers
- A high degree of prefabrication
- All kind of wood boards (solid and composite materials)
- Perfect for industrial manufacturing with CNC
- Used with all wood and board materials
- Can be used as a clamping aid while the glue dries
- For inside and outside use
- Clamping aid
- Case Goods
- Cabinets and drawer boxes
- Ship interiors
- Architectural Millwork
- Shop fittings
Threaded stud, plastic sleeve
2-part locking dowel
By screwing in the threaded stud and knock in the plastic sleeve
Concealed, self-tightening cabinet connector
Doweling jig, cordless drill, dowel inserting machine
All board materials (solid and composite)
Furniture, cabinetry, case goods, shop fittings
- QUICK-SET 5 mm, the holes for the metal studs are drilled with a Ø of 5 mm and a Ø of 8 mm for the plastic sleeve. QUICK-SET 8 mm requires a Ø of 8 mm for the metal stud as well as the plastic sleeve.
- The drilling depth for the plastic sleeve must be 31 to 32 mm
- The plastic dowel is loosely inserted into the borehole without adhesive.
- After preparation with both components, the body or furniture parts are joined together with slight pressure or using a rubber mallet
- Thread length of the bolt is 7.5 mm. This makes the connector suitable for vertical center elements (from 14 mm material thickness) in the carcass construction through a Ø 5 mm hole and screw in the bolt on both sides. For example, shelves can be mounted in one plane.
- For a length of 600 mm, we recommend distributing 5 to 6 QUICK-SET.
- The hole diameter for the plastic sleeve is always 8 mm.
- The drilling depth for the plastic sleeve must be 31 to 32 mm. As a result, an optimal tightening of the bolt is ensured to the bottom of the anchor when joining. It can end so no “hairline”.
Note for CNC machining
- Due to its geometry, the QUICK-SET is perfectly suited for mass production. Due to the possibility of rational prefabrication by means of a CNC machining center, the connector offers economical processing capability for the area of trim and passport molding production.