Window and Door Manufacturing
6 mm and 8 mm | Plastic
The KNAPP®-Dowel is a strong and durable self-holding plastic dowel connector available in 6×28 mm and 8×36 mm. This dowel is made of high-strength weather-resistant (POM) plastic. Because it is designed to resist rotting, you can use this dowel for window and door manufacturing. Due to its special design of threaded ribs and lengthwise grooves, it grips itself into the borehole, hence, no clamping of the workpiece is needed. Unlike conventional wooden dowels, it has the option to be used with or without adhesive. If used with the recommended KNAPP®-Adhesive PU+ (Z011/1) the lengthwise grooves and two holes ensure an optimal distribution of the glue and a firm anchoring in the material, therefore, creating a strong and tight connection between the components when hardened. Unlike wooden dowels that can shrink and swell when exposed to the outdoors, the KNAPP-Dowel is consistent in all conditions and applications.
miniKLICK Dovetail Connector
2-Part Snap-in Connector for Trims and Moldings
The miniKLICK is a 2-piece fastener for small trims and moldings used in window and door manufacturing. These miniKLICK glazing connectors allow you to snap on window and door stops with small dimensions. Not having to use nails gives you a much cleaner look, which ultimately, eliminates having to putty holes. The snapping mechanism holds extremely tight but you can also remove it if needed. With this in mind, glass stops can be easily removed for future glass or wood replacement. Being able to click in your window and door stops gives a nice finished look, saving you time and labor in the end. All of our KLICK connectors are made of UV and weather resistant plastic. That being said, the miniKLICK is a worry free connector for both indoor and outdoor applications.
Glazing connectors that fixes a glass pane while sealing the window/door at the same time
The FIXclip-Profile is the first and only fastening system to enable fastening and sealing in one operation. With its special profile geometry, you can snap the glass stop into place without the use of nails or screws, thus, cutting costs and saving assembly time. It is made of UV and weather-resistant fiberglass-reinforced plastic and is available in the three versions, GLE 18, GLE 20 or GLE 20 Plus (with separate wedge seal). Each version allows you to snap in different sized glass stops. Please see our door and window catalog for more detailed information.
Features and Benefits:
- Fastening and sealing in one operation.
- Cost-effective – reducing labor.
- The perfect look – no visible fasteners
- Simple snapping on of the glazing bead and easy to remove / disassembly possible if needed.
- Safe – eliminates damage of glass pane that otherwise occurs due to the misplacement of shooting nails.
- Flexible – mounting can be done at manufacturing and/or on-site.
- Tested – meets all the requirements.
- Fast mounting of the profile with screws or nails.
- GLE20 Plus – with separate wedge seal for easy and fast mounting directly on the construction site
- GLE20 Plus – suitable for both wedge sealing and wet sealing.
- High quality material properties – elastic, can be nailed, UV and weather resistant, resistant to varnishes, glazes and cleaning detergents
- For wood windows and wood-aluminum windows, as well as fixed glazing of windows and doors.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!