The BASIS System is a connector for direct mounting on solid surfaces, such as concrete, stone, masonry.
The BASIS System is an extension of the ACRO System. The ACRO connector is mounted on a galvanized steel plate and comes already assembled that way. The fastener can be screwed on solid surface, such as screed, tiles, stone, etc. The counterpart is attached to the column. This makes an almost non-visible (only a small slot is visible) and very durable attachment of columns to the ground.
Note*, the BASIS System is not designed for freestanding columns.
The BASIS System is available in two sizes.
- Non-visible – concealed, self-tightening column and beam connectors.
- User friendly – disassembly possible if needed
- Self-tightening – through adjusting of the screws.
- Efficient – high degree of pre-manufacturing.
- Simple transport – components can be transported disassembled and simply assembled on site.
- Fast – saving of throughput times in production.
- Safe – tested by HFA (Holzforschung Austria)
- Adjustable – the connector can be adjusted as needed.
The BASIS system is a connecting system for the direct mounting of beams, columns and pillars on solid surfaces, such as concrete, stone or masonry.
Interior design, exhibition construction, sunrooms.
Processing – Milling:
To recess the connector, a groove is routed in the end-grain or the face-grain. The groove is 13 mm deep and done by a hand router or CNC machining center with a slot cutter Ø 15 mm. The dimension depends on the connector size. Drilling and milling jigs are available for a simple and precise processing.
The respective BASIS System consists of several identical connector made of high-strength blue-galvanized weather-resistant steel and is manufactured in Austria.
The choice of the correct BASIS System connector depends on the timber dimension. The milling operations can be made optionally with a hand router or a CNC machining center. The system is tested and available in seven different sizes.
Milling: Please refer to the construction manual.