DUO-System is strategically engineered for fast processing while maintaining a design of traditional frame joint. Simple and easy-to-use. The most common applications are for Bed Rails, Stringers, and Table aprons. We recommend accessories → 2 Flute Straight Router Bit 13/32″ to be combined with —> Router Bushing 1″ OD and the MULTI F Routing Jigs to make make the mortise. Optionally, → Router Base Plate Adapter that holds the Router Bushing 1″ OD.
DUO System – Frame Connectors
$22.92 – $495.50
Furniture and Interior Design
Note* The load value refers to the transverse force in the insertion direction.
Details of the stress values are of the certificate of Holzforschung Austria from 02.11.2000 and the current KNAPP catalogs. For commercial use of the DUO-System, according to Ö-Norm M5027, CS-screws (5×40, 5×60, 6×40, 6×60 mm) should be used.
- Cut the mortise by means of a → 2 Flute Straight Router Bit 13/32″ to be combined with —> Router Bushing 1″ OD and the MULTI F Routing Jigs. *Note; please pay particular attention when choosing a MULTI F Routing Jigs. The size of the Routing Jig will depend on the size of the connectors. Optionally, use the → Router Base Plate Adapter to hold the Router Bushing 1″ OD.
- Use the MULTI F Routing Jig to perfectly align and mortise either the end-grain or face 13 mm deep. Mortise width is preset via the Routing Jiga and mortise length depends on the size connector. Please download Instruction Manual for a particular connector size. See above or under mein tab Resources → Instruction Manuals
- Set the one DUO-System connector plate into the mortise, using it as a jig to predrill holes.
- Attach one DUO-System plate with the screws provided
- Lay the second plate over the first and screw in the pan head screws until they are snug against the second plate. (this will set the correct depth of the pan head screws and ensure a tight fit during final installation)
- Install second DUO-System plate with the screws provided
- Attach workpiece using a rubber mallet
- The joint is always tight, as the connector snaps together in a dovetail-like manner. Still, the fasteners allow the natural shrinking and swelling of the joints and are adjustable if needed.