The pre-engineered RICON® EA (Single Connector) Beam Hanger allows for the simple and fast joining of beams. This fully concealed connector is used as a timber connector for main and secondary beam joints as well as joining vertical and horizontal mullions in wood curtain walls. It consists of two identical metal connector plates that hook into each other in a dovetail-like manner. Typically, one of the plates sits in a recess and the other is plainly screwed on the surface of the beam. For easy installation, KNAPP® also offers Drilling and Routing Jigs as well as a Mounting kit. The connector plates on the end grain are installed with self-tapping 5×80 mm and 8×80 mm CS-screws and on the side grain with self-tapping 5×50 mm and 8×50 mm CS-Screws. The 8×50 mm and 8×80 mm CS-screws have an integrated stop, thus, on one end, the screw would stand above the connector and engage with the dovetail receiver socket of the other connectors when hooking them into each other.
An optional Locking clip can be installed to latch the connector. If needed, the locking clip can be removed later on. The RICON® can be installed fully concealed or visible and can be used with timber widths as little as 50 mm. RICON® is available in three versions, Single Connection (EA), Double Connection (DA) and Rampa insert (EAR) each version in six sizes 60/40, 80/40, 100/40, 120/40, 140/40 and 160/40.
*Note that the numbers in the name of each RICON® size indicate the size of the connector in millimeter. I.e. RICON 100/40 is 100 mm long by 40 mm wide.
Ask us about our RICON hot-dipped galvanized! | 877-888-7773
Features and Benefits:
- Pre-engineered beam hanger
- Fast assembly
- Components simply slide and join together in seconds
- Reduces labor and equipment cost
- High degree of prefabrication
- Non-visible connector
- Appeals to the architect and customer
- Self-tightening and adjustable
- prevents forming of gaps in the joint over time
- connectors allow adjustment in depth
- Disassembly and reassembly possible if needed
- connectors can fasten timber to timber, to steel, and to concrete components.
- can also be used for polygon façades.
- Slim timber dimension
- can be mounted on beams with thickness as little as 50mm and up to 450mm.
- can be used for single joint and double joint applications
- the direction of the assembly of a horizontal mullion can be from the outside towards the inside and from down upwards. This is particularly of advantage for wood curtain walls.
- fire resistance according to (DIN 4102-2) by 4-sided concealed mounting (R30 ≥ 20 mm, R60 ≥ 40 mm).
- In case of manufacturing wood curtain walls – can be used in combination with different exterior profile systems such as RP, Schüco, MBJ, Gutmann, RAICO, Stabalux, … etc.
New and improved:
- Better grip on the timber by means of a star-shaped embossing on the backside of the connector plate.
- Mounting also on intermediate layers up to 26 mm (i.e. OSB).
- Special coating for increased corrosion resistance for indoor swimming pools, riding halls, stables and farm buildings (tested).
- Approval for off-centered glass loads up to 860 kg given by an additional reinforcing plate.
- ETA extension for Hardwood (i.e. oak, larch, beech.
- Connector for main and secondary glulam beams
- Connector for timber framework of wood curtain walls
- Commercial and residential mass timber structures
- Connector for carport, sunrooms, gazebos, pergolas,..etc.